Институт ядерных исследований и ядерной энергетики при Болгарской академии наук (INRNE) (13) | Организации
Институт за ядрени изследвания и ядрена енергетика,
бул. "Цариградско шосе" №72,
The Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy (INRNE) of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences is founded in 1972 carrying the main part of activities of the former Institute of Physics with Atomic Research Centre. INRNE is the leading complex center for research and application of the nuclear physics in Bulgaria. The scientific and applied investigations carried out in the INRNE are connected with the milestone problems of Bulgaria in accordance with the modern world tendencies and technologies.
The Institute's staff of about 320 (150 of them are scientific researchers) works in 16 laboratories, 2 scientific experimental facilities and 9 departments providing general support activities.
The traditional scientific areas include:
- Theory of the elementary particles, string theory, theory of atomic nuclei, soliton interactions and quantum phenomena
- Experimental physics of the elementary particles, nuclear reactions, structure of atomic nuclei, cosmic rays and gamma-astrophysics at ultra high energies
- High Energy Physics
- Neutron interactions and cross sections, physics of the fission
- Reactor physics, nuclear energy and nuclear safety and security
- Dosimetry and radiation safety
- Monitoring and management of the environment, radioecology
- Radiochemistry, high precision analyses of substances, development and production of radioactive sources
- Nuclear and neutron methods for investigations of substances
- Nuclear instrument design and production
Since 2005 13 laboratories in INRNE obtained the QQS certificate for quality management system ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:2004 and the Environmental management system 14001:1996.